Introversion seems to be the new Geek-chic. I don’t have any complaints about that since I’m quite introverted myself, but I do find it useful that there is more attention being drawn to introverts.
- I am the life of the party – No, I don’t get invited to parties. (Edit: I just got invited to one!)
- I enjoy being the center of attention – Despite what others think, no.
- I am skilled in handling social situations – Definite No. Faux pas galore!
- I like to be where the action is – Yes. That’s why I get involved in so many things.
- I make new friends easily – No, cautiously.
- I am quiet around strangers – Yes, cautiously.
- I don’t like to draw attention to myself – Yes, I’d prefer it if people didn’t know me.
- I don’t like to party – Yes, it’s a waste of energy, time and money.
- I like to work independently – Yes, I don’t like having to deal with people problems.
- I often enjoy spending time by myself – Yes, but don’t take it the wrong way.
PS: That’s why I do my best work, in the dark comfort of my own room surrounded by my books, with the music braying at 3am in the morning.
One thought on “Neu Geek-Chic”
I’m an introvert too. My answers
I am the life of the party – No, I tend to be the observer.
I enjoy being the center of attention – No, only when there is a need.
I am skilled in handling social situations – Maybe. Only to selected groups.
I like to be where the action is – Yes. Want to do something that is fun.
I make new friends easily – Yes and No. Good/Close friends not easy
I am quiet around strangers – Yes, unless there is a common interest.
I don’t like to draw attention to myself – Yes, only when needed professionally.
I don’t like to party – Yes, ROI of my time not good.
I like to work independently – Ideally yes but learning to manage a team.
I often enjoy spending time by myself – Yes. Spending time alone in a crowded place.