After long last, I have finally managed to hire a full-time staff at AESTE. We did all the statutory registrations today and my company has now got an official account number. This is a milestone as it indicates that things are getting serious.
I have previously relied on an army of interns to get things done. I had a lot of difficulty getting full-time staff even though I have been trying to hire for more than a year. Work still needed to get done and therefore, I relied on interns.
Now, I hope that the new staff that I have would be able to contribute positively to AESTE’s growth. I think that he can be trained to do a lot of the work that is needed. In fact, I am already helping him chart his professional growth.
I’ve already advised him to register himself with the Board of Engineers Malaysia (BEM) as soon as possible and to target to be a C.Eng or P.Eng in about 5-years time. I think that this is essential even for electronics engineers, as our local engineering services becomes liberalised.
So, I hope that things will continue to progress well for AESTE in the coming months.