Some people wonder why I choose to work all the time. I pula wonder why don’t people choose to work all the time.
The reason often cited is that we must have Work/Life balance i.e. one must not spend all one’s time working to the detriment of our Life. However, my question is – what is this Life that other people seem to talk about. To many people, Life means stuff that happens outside of work. This seems to be a definition by elimination.
To me, Life means to live, and I can only live if I am emotionally fulfilled. It just so happens that my Work does fulfil my emotional needs in so many ways. I feel frustration and anger when things don’t work out and fill happiness and triumph when my creations work out well.
What I fail to understand is why people are willing to put up with Work that they have no love for, in order to be able to live Life outside of work.
However, maybe the answer is just as simple as this – I do not like my Life outside of Work or maybe, I just find more joy in Work than in Life.
- 10 tips for a better work-life balance (simplybusiness.co.uk)
- Silicon Valley: Work-Life Balance Is For Losers, Not Closers (forbes.com)
- You’re thinking about work-life balance all wrong (hippoland.tumblr.com)
- Getting the work/life balance right (blogs.abc.net.au)
- Work/Life Balance: A 2-Way Street? (themarlincompany.com)