What do I do while driving on the jam-packed streets of KL?
- Read a book – I’ve finished reading several novels this way. I pick it up in front of every traffic light and even in seriously bad traffic jams. It’s a good idea to carry a book around.
- Eat lunch – I’ve done this several times. Of course, it depends on the type of lunch to be had. I’ve had ‘economy rice’ this way and also McDonalds burgers and KFC meals. Fries are easy to consume this way. Care must be taken to keep the car clean though.
- Check my email – While I don’t have a smart-phone, my phone is smart enough to check my email. I don’t do this unless I am expecting something important as I do not have a data-plan with my telco so I pay per kb.
- Change clothes – Okay, not actually changing the entire suit but I sometimes take off or put on jackets at red-lights.
- Shave – I keep an electric shaver in the glove compartment for just this reason. Sometime, I get a quick shave in on my way to work in the morning.
- Swap CDs – I have yet to get an MP3 player for the car and so, I swap CDs when the car ain’t moving.
- Check the Map – I preview the driving route on my GPS to see if there’s a way to circumvent the jam.