If you’ve never heard of it before, there is a new kind of search engine in town. Its name is Wolfram|Alpha and it is brought to you by the guys who made Mathematica. It uses the Mathematica engine and some magical algorithms to answer your search queries. Now, none of this scares me the least but. But when computers acquire a sense of humour, I am not so amused.
Try some of these queries on the engine (you can just click on it).
- What do women want?
- Are you Skynet?
- Are you self-aware?
- Can you pass the Turing test
- Answer to life, the universe, and everything
- I Love You.
- I Hate You.
- How long is a piece of string?
- What is the speed of an unladen swallow?
- How many roads must a man walk down before you can call him a man?
- If a tree falls in a forest and no one is around to hear it, does it make a sound?
- Where did I put my keys?
- What is the sound of one hand clapping?
- Flux Capacitor
- 88 mph
- To be or not to be
- How much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?
- How many angels can dance on the head of a pin?
- How many licks does it take to get to the center of a tootsie pop?
- All your base
Who cares about Microsoft Bing.